Legal Criteria for Designation under Section 219 of the INA as amended
- It must be a foreign organization.
- The organization must engage in terrorist activity, as defined in section 212 (a)(3)(B) of the INA (8 U.S.C. § 1182(a)(3)(B)),* or terrorism, as defined in section 140(d)(2) of the Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Years 1988 and 1989 (22 U.S.C. § 2656f(d)(2)),** or retain the capability and intent to engage in terrorist activity or terrorism.
- The organization’s terrorist activity or terrorism must threaten the security of U.S. nationals or the national security (national defense, foreign relations, or the economic interests) of the United States.
Legal Ramifications of Designation
- It is unlawful for a person in the United States or subject to the jurisdiction of the United States to knowingly provide “material support or resources” to a designated FTO. (The term “material support or resources” is defined in 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(1) as ” any property, tangible or intangible, or service, including currency or monetary instruments or financial securities, financial services, lodging, training, expert advice or assistance, safehouses, false documentation or identification, communications equipment, facilities, weapons, lethal substances, explosives, personnel (1 or more individuals who maybe or include oneself), and transportation, except medicine or religious materials.” 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(2) provides that for these purposes “the term ‘training’ means instruction or teaching designed to impart a specific skill, as opposed to general knowledge.” 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(3) further provides that for these purposes the term ‘expert advice or assistance’ means advice or assistance derived from scientific, technical or other specialized knowledge.’’
- Representatives and members of a designated FTO, if they are aliens, are inadmissible to and, in certain circumstances, removable from the United States (see 8 U.S.C. §§ 1182 (a)(3)(B)(i)(IV)-(V), 1227 (a)(1)(A)).
- Any U.S. financial institution that becomes aware that it has possession of or control over funds in which a designated FTO or its agent has an interest must retain possession of or control over the funds and report the funds to the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Other Effects of Designation
- Supports our efforts to curb terrorism financing and to encourage other nations to do the same.
- Stigmatizes and isolates designated terrorist organizations internationally.
- Deters donations or contributions to and economic transactions with named organizations.
- Heightens public awareness and knowledge of terrorist organizations.
- Signals to other governments our concern about named organizations.
Revocations of Foreign Terrorist Organizations
The Immigration and Nationality Act sets out three possible basis for revoking a Foreign Terrorist Organization designation:
- The Secretary of State must revoke a designation if the Secretary finds that the circumstances that were the basis of the designation have changed in such a manner as to warrant a revocation;
- The Secretary of State must revoke a designation if the Secretary finds that the national security of the United States warrants a revocation;
- The Secretary of State may revoke a designation at any time.
Any revocation shall take effect on the date specified in the revocation or upon publication in the Federal Register if no effective date is specified. The revocation of a designation shall not affect any action or proceeding based on conduct committed prior to the effective date of such revocation.
[Editor’s Note: This does not necessarily entail the beliefs, thoughts, or theories of the local Act chapters or the National Act office…they are my beliefs, thoughts and/or theories. Wow…according to US laws, the Muslim Brohood is a foreign organization…founded in 1923 in Egypt. The MB has engaged in terrorist activity by creating numerous terrorist groups, like Al Qaeda, Hamas, Islamic Palestinian Jihad, to name a few. And the MB has vowed to take over America and make it an Islamic country, as well as one of its terrorist groups have Attacked Americans, on American soil (Al-Qaeda 11 Sept 01). Looks like the MB should be legally labeled an FTO (Foreign Terrorist Organization)…too bad Barack Hussein Obama works for, and is a member of the MB terrorist group, and John “I wanna kiss Obama’s Butt” Kerry is a cover-up artist for Obama, and will not label, according to law, that the MB is an FTO, operating in America. .]
Filed under: "Enemy Within America", "Foreign Terrorist Organization", "lesser jihad", America, American traitor, Anti-American, anti-constitution, Barack Hussein Obama, Creeping Sharia, grand jihad, Islam, Islamic hate and intolerance, Islamic Indoctrination, Islamic Infiltration, Islamic intimidation, Islamic Jihad, Islamic Law, Islamic texts, Islamic Threat, Islamic Trojan Horse, John Kerry, Muslim Brotherhood | Tagged: foreign terrorist organization, FTO criteria, Islam, Muslim Brotherhood, Random |